Resharper 4.5

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Hi,

I try to install this version with the msi file but an error message is raised: " Resharper 4.0 for visual Studio 9.0 is not Installed...". I am using Visual Studio 9 with resharper 4.5 in Windows Vista..

Thank you very much,

Alejandro

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2009 at 5:09 AM

There appears to be a bug in the deployment package when the MSI checks for whether R# is installed. This check validates that the path %AppData%\JetBrains\ReSharper\v4.5\vs9.0\Plugins\Neovolve.Extensibility.ReSharper exists when it should only check that %AppData%\JetBrains\ReSharper\v4.5\vs9.0 exists.

The workaround should be to manually create the Plugins\Neovolve.Extensibility.ReSharper folder structure under %AppData%\JetBrains\ReSharper\v4.5\vs9.0\

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2009 at 5:10 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2009 at 5:54 AM

Hi Alejandro,

I've looked closer at the installatin script and what I posted earlier is not correct. The installer script appears fine.

The installer does a registry lookup for the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JetBrains\ReSharper\v4.5\vs9.0 to check for a path in the InstallDir value. The normal value should be C:\Program Files\JetBrains\ReSharper\v4.5\\Bin. This is the path that is checked to determine whether ReSharper 4.5 is installed.

It looks like you have tried to install version ReSharper Plugins 1.0 rather than 1.1. Version 1.0 only supported ReSharper 4.0. To Get support for ReSharper 4.5, you need to install the latest release (1.1) from http://neovolvex.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=20865

Let me know if you have issues with installing version 1.1.

Aug 19, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Hi!

You are right, yesterday I tryed to install the 1.0 version. Today I have installed the 1.1 version and work correctly. Thank you! Is a lot of time that I find something like this. Do you know if exists a plugin that use by default the clr type? I mean, for example, when you use an Extract Metod (refactoring) automatically are proposed the alias type.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Unfortunately R# only uses the alias types. I have asked JetBrains if they could provide that as a code format option but they declined. This is the reason I wrote this plugin. Whenever I do any refactorings or happen to write code with an alias type (because it is a bit faster), I just throw in a Ctrl+E+F to convert all the alias types to clr types.

Aug 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Thank you again!

Alejandro